This’s still heavily a work in progress, but I’m posting pictures on this page and will keep it up to date. I’m working on a digital clock, using a Pi Pico, a DS3231 RTC module, and some 74HC595 shift registers for storing / displaying digits.
The goal was to design PCBs for this, but the cost of fabricating the main board was out of budget for this project.
- Make a digital clock using a Pi Pico. For the LED matrix, I chose to use simpler ICs to make my life more difficult.
- Code is located @ github.com/richinfante/clock-code/
- Use CircuitPython (currently halted waiting for rotaryio to be implemented for the pico)
- Dimmable leds using PWM on the 595’s output-enable pin
- Rotary switch for dimming, clock setting, menus.
To be continued!...
2021-03-07- Initial Revision
Found a typo or technical problem? file an issue!